Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

For Auld Lang Syne

                                                        Our last post of  2017!


As I write, I'm humming 'Auld Lang Syne' - a poem by Scotsman Robert Burns, set to the tune of  a traditional folk song and sung all over the world to bid farewell to the old year at the stroke of midnight on 31st December. For old times sake....so you might be expecting me to reprise some of my favourite earring pairs from 2017.

Nah.......never look back is my motto. Life's too short. Let's look forward to 2018 and think about         

                                                                   COLOUR!                    
                                                                                      
How much notice do you take of colour predictions when designing? PANTONE have declared 2018 the year of Ultraviolet. 'Dramatically provocative and thoughtful, communicating originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking'.  With a business named after my granddaughter Violet I can't help but be excited. The fashion magazines are already full of it and I know from experience it's one of my customers' favourite colours - it never stays long in my shop. Here are a couple of pairs I made recently with leaves from Helen Backhouse and lampwork by Juliette Mullett of Avette Glass. 


 
 
 
 
 
And this pair, I made for Hallowe'en with vintaj black arte metal and Rejetta's witchy hearts.
 
 
The top pair has been repinned from my Pinterest page almost 700 times in two weeks - so I guess we can't ignore Ultraviolet. Here I've kept it fairly subdued, with silver, bright blue or black. But it looks vibrant with lime green, moody with mustard, soft with pink; flamboyant with red.  Cool with silver, warm with gold. The possibilities are endless. Is it for you, and what other colours or metals will you use it with? 
 
 
It just remains for me to thank you all for joining us for another year; and to hope we continue to enthuse you through 2018!
 
 
Lindsay x
 
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. It isn't a 'rose for my rose' but a 'violet from Precious Violet' - stunning as ever. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's very much your year! These are stunning. Looking forward to seeing your new makes in 2018 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful earrings, love the purple! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Super gorgeous. I just bought some pink and purple colours to create earrings and these leaves are exactly what I had in mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man, can you possibly make anything prettier than these purplicious beauties? (Well, yes, you probably can...) These are just stunning. Here's to more pretties in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridy- here's to a good year for all. Politics aside;)

      Delete
  6. Just glam, every one of them! I don't think we could ever be tired of purple. Now you have a reason to indulge in even more purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and joyful 2018 Lindsay. These earrings are fabulous, as always. You and Helen are an amazing team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Janine - have a great year ahead. Thankyou so much x

      Delete
  8. How incredibly gorgeous, Lindsay! I MUST start using these beautiful shades. Thank you for the inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see you do so Norbel x

    ReplyDelete