Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Gilded Fragments

I find these components very moving.  Blissfully asymmetrical with the touches of rich gold that bring a warm cohesive feel.  The beautiful ceramic charms in both earrings, were handmade by Andrea Salkowe of JosephineBeads.   They remind me of broken pieces of fine china.

The folded pod type beads at the top, were purchased at The Bead & Button Show.  They are 24k gold vermeil.  I remember in detail, going to the register to pay, and the shock on my face when the little baggie of beads I was carrying was totaled up!  You see, you pay per ounce for the beads of this kind and not by design like I'm used to.  It was an education! Maybe I am the only one who didn't know..lol  But goodness, just look at 'em...





To create the illusion of space and add a little sparkle I used some very old crystals repurposed from a 1930's necklace.


For this pair I used some lovely druzy agate for texture and a bit of softness from glass pearls.




Can you tell I'm gearing up for the holidays with the touches of gold?  I will also admit that I've listened to more than a few Christmas carols already..lol

A million thank yous for stopping by and having a look today! 

Talk with you soon,

Loralee xo


14 comments:

  1. These both are absolutely gorgeous. You have such a unique style and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful earrings. Those gold beads were worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! As you see, I didn't put them back...lol so unique!

      Delete
  3. Oh my Loralee, Just by looking at these I get into a festive mood. Both are beautiful. I love every single detail. I can imagine your shock when paying for the vermeil beads. I didn't know either and this could have easily happened to me as well. They complement the components perfectly. And those druzy beads are divine and go so well with the handmade charms. Perfection, both pairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janine! It's hard to find tiny druzy beads that are center drilled! I got them from Kim of Numinosity Beads.

      Delete
  4. The pod beads are fantastic. I have never seen anything like that before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, neither had I!! I wish I had two pairs...maybe next year when I go back to the show.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for introducing me to JosephineBeads. Lovely components that came together perfectly. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, I adore Josephine Beads....her work is divine; such warmth.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Norbel!!! I was just looking at your tiger earrings and drooling...wow!!

      Delete
  7. well now, both of these pairs are very special! And I've never paid for beads by weight, so i may have needed a little lie down!

    ReplyDelete