Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Flying South

I had the occasion to purchase some of Heidi Ahrens Williams of Azteca Designs Boutique handmade copper feather headpins. She's going to be auctioning some off in her facebook group on October 16th!
I knew I wouldn't need much embellishment to complete the design.
That's the beauty of handmade artisan components. There is so much inherent beauty in them  that you almost can't go wrong with your pairings.


These extra crusty beads with my handmade murrini cane were put aside for those something special earrings. Heidi shipped so fast and when I received the headpins I just knew that they were meant to accompany them. I used my favorite Lucy Haslam's (Faerystones) extra long earwires but they could be easily swapped out with shorter ones for a little less dangle.
Since we are heading south soon to our desert home I named them "Flying South" because of the feathers and the desert colors in the beads.

Thanks for looking!
 Kimberly of NuminosityBeads
i n s t a g r a m   www.instagram.com/numinosity/
p i n t e r e s t  www.pinterest.com/numinosity/
and my f a c e b o o k auction and sale group 







5 comments:

  1. I love every detail in these earrings. And I agree, your beautiful beads combine perfect with those gorgeous copper feathers. And the handmade earwires just completes the whole design.Thanks for introducing a (for me) new bead artist, Heidi Ahrens Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a perfect pairing, I love Heidi's new headpins and those beads....well just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous beads, Kimberly - I adore your lampwork!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOoooo much for the shout out - This is going to be a big sale!!! Feathers, here we come!!!! ;)
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Such gorgeous components that sing together! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors in these - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete