Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Sacred Spiral

I use spirals a lot in my work as a jewelry artist and bead-maker. Maybe it's a natural part of my human nature to be drawn to the scared symbol. The most basic of Archetypal imagery.
"It is a sacred symbol that reminds us of our evolving journey in life." The Spirit of Water

The Earrings:
Handmade Ceramic Spiral Beads by Cindy's Art & Soul
Hand forged Fine Silver Hoop Rings
Hand Forged Spiral Headpins 
and Black Stone Beads 
These earrings feature handmade ceramic beads. I'll soon be firing my 8th glazed kiln load. Just over a year into my new adventure in ceramics and I can hardly remember what life was like before... For more about my journey and some works in progress, please check out my latest post on my personal blog
 These earrings and other ceramic beads can be found at www.artandsouljewelry.com

What does the spiral mean to you? 
What symbols are you drawn to again and again?
 
Until next time, Peace & Blessings. 
http://www.artandsouljewelry.com/

 

11 comments:

  1. I crazy for spirals too, especially ammonite! Always love your ceramic and wire work and these are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love ammonites too! I have a couple of fossilized ones I thought I would drill for necklaces- but I have had them for almost 10 years and they just look so good on my work table. Haa! Thank you Kristi!

      Delete
  2. I also love spirals. I have several metal stamps with that shape, and I draw them in some of my patterns for my fabric designs... Beautiful earrings! Can't wait to see all the new goodies that will come out of your upcoming kiln load :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nath! I love your paintings! It's great how you've paired that up with your jewelry art. I can't wait to see what comes next! Firing the kiln today... keeping fingers crossed! haa

      Delete
  3. Love the earrings Cindy! Those spirals are awesome. They almost look like they've been carved out of wood. Love the rings with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna! I hadn't seen that look of wood before but I think you may be on to something there! :-D

      Delete
  4. I do so love the spiral shape as well. It is something that just naturally forms in my hand when I draw or when I work with wire specifically. These are lovely earrings! They appear at once ancient and modern. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete