Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sea Foam Earrings

As you may know, I've recently begun making ceramic jewelry components, in addition to finished jewelry.  So I thought it would be fun to make a pair of earrings for today's post, using some of my components, in addition to some gorgeous lampwork glass from Out West.
I'm writing this very late at night, or rather early morning.  I was gone for much of the day and then spent the afternoon glazing some last minute ceramic components in preparation for Bead Fest next week.  Later in the evening I picked up a friend from the airport and didn't get back home till nearly 2:00 a.m.  Yawn!
I made the earrings after dinner, but didn't have time to photograph them or write this post till I got back from the airport.  So if this post is rambling or incoherent, please forgive me.  It is now past 3:00 a.m.
I am really loving creating with clay and I will be offering a selection of my ceramic components at Bead Fest next week.  I'm grateful to Jennifer Cameron for sharing a bit of her lampwork glass booth with me at Bead Fest.  Stop by booth 473A and say hello! 
-Linda

11 comments:

  1. So pretty Linda!! I'm tickled pink to see you using your own components and they are wonderful with the Outwest lampies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda I love these earrings. Your ceramic beads are just lovely with the lampwork beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can put together such beautiful earrings at 3AM and photography them aesthetically then really, hats off to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at BeadFest! It sounds like so much fun. Those components are so soft and lovely. A perfect foil to those rich lampwork beads. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at BeadFest Linda! How exciting to be making your own components! You've achieved a really beautiful color on the glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - like the blue running through all the elements. Hope you have a great time at Bead Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Linda! I love your variation on the wire wrap, and your charms mesh so perfectly with the Outwest lampwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great earrings! Each element, including your components, are perfect!

    ReplyDelete