Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Mixed Metal Swirls

Recently I experimented with combining
 White Copper and regular Copper Metal Clay and here are the results.
 I love the look!



Some say they look like Petrified Wood or Sliced Agate!

Petrified Wood                                                                             Sliced Agate


I tried using complimenting beads on the wire wrapping
 but in the end they looked best wrapped simply with no embellishment.

Whether they resemble anything else or not I think they are very beautiful and interesting. I love how the where the 2 metals alloyed to created a third color where they connected. Exaclyl what I was hoping for.
If you'd like to see how I made them check out my post on Art Jewelry Elements HERE.


Kristi

12 comments:

  1. I do love these new pieces. And I think you're right to keep the rest of the earrings relatively simple. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are super cool Kristi! I also think they have that 'natural' look of a stone or wood, like others have suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is a great alchemy of surprises! I can't wait to see what you do with this technique in your style (and of course, I will want to have some of my very own!) Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shards! Love these Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and I agree with the petrified wood comment. Wonder what would happen if you started to apply some patina colors here and there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooo beautiful. You have created something special here, Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These really are drop dead gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, super cool!! I love the rustic look, and I agree, keeping it to a simple wrapping is best. The drops really stand out. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Nice and simple was definitely the way forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! These really do look like Agate...so cool Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the effect you're getting with this - definitely a keeper technique! And you're right, all these needed was just a nice wire wrap - perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete