Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Ocean Water

I know it's only March 14th but I could definitely use some beach time after this long cold winter, how about you? I actually made these for myself. I wear a ton of blues and greens in the summer so these will be perfect. I wire wrapped some Chalcedony gemstones onto these gorgeous sterling filigree teardrops. Just looking at them reminds me of the ocean, especially the warm water of the Gulf of Mexico.

I took this pic on one of our trips to Florida. This is taken on Captiva Island, FL.  A gorgeous place to stay! And an awesome bead store is only about an hour north of here. Google Andersons Bead Room  and just look at the pics! Love that place. 


Thanks for looking and have a fabulous weekend!

Kristy Abner


9 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful! Those blues are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These earrings are gorgeous! I love the watery gemstones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the earrings and the ocean blues! I have never been to that part of Florida but it looks beautiful and inviting!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Kristy! Chalcedony totally takes me to the beach! <3 Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Kristy - beautiful Chalcedony stones too! Definitely has a Beach feel to it - and I know they will look fabulous on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both the chalcedony (one of my favorite stones!) and the filigree work, these are so graceful and feminine! They will look fabulous with your blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those..just exactly my favorite colors and long and dangly the way I prefer earrings to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid!! Totally reminds me of the beach. The colors are so soothing. My nephew just moved to Captiva Island and is a tennis pro and manager at one of the resorts down there. He's already telling us to come for a visit since we love the beach so much and now that I know there's a bead shop (one that looks super awesome) not too far away, it's like icing on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful place! There is one (small) bead shop on Sanibel Island but I found the most gorgeous beads there (they are a lavender shade and I hoard them because I haven't found them anywhere else). The bead shop that I drool over is in Punta Gorda. Totally worth the drive! It's bead heaven! :)

      Delete