Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Margaritas in Marrakesh

Margaritas in Marrakesh
I love Moorish architecture, and it fascinates me to see Moorish design elements trickle from Spain to the southwest United States, where it streamlined itself a bit into Mission style. These earrings could be straight from a bazaar in Marrakesh, or a street fair in Santa Fe! The clover-shaped ring beads are of natural, winter white howlite, and I've combined them with Indonesian glass beads in matte lime green, petite Czech glass flowers in topaz, and glass tile beads in amber. (Howlite ring beads and lime green seed beads from Happy Mango Beads, Czech glass flowers from BobbiThisnThat.) All sterling silver construction.

I picture them with something loose and comfortable like this:

Margaritas in Marrakesh


You can find more earrings in this series, and other items at my Etsy shop HERE.


10 comments:

  1. Hi! Love the earrings and the outfit you paired them with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are sweet! and you are so right that it is a cross between Morocco and Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, LOVE these! SO creative and fun. Perfect outfit you picked out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those earrings and I have then coming to my house! Can't wait - now if I could just get the body of the model and that outfit to go with them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your earrings and your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your earrings are always beautiful and I love the outfits you pick out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those Keirstan! I knew they were yours immediately!

    ReplyDelete